Going into the playoffs with some holes to fill? ASL's Ben Muell's got you covered with these streamers for Week 14.
After 13 weeks of add/drops, smart and dumb start/sit decisions and sweating it out during Monday Night Football the fantasy playoffs have arrived. May the odds be ever in your favor.
Quarterbacks… the “Comeback Player of the Year” and a “Break in case of Emergency” Options
- Ryan Tannehill, Titans v. Raiders … has averaged 22.53 fantasy points the last 4 weeks good for 5th in the league.
- Jacoby Brissett, Colts @ Buccaneers … ONLY if T.Y. Hilton plays
Running Backs… returning to their college form
Key injuries to watch: Dalvin Cook (MIN), Marlon Mack (IND), Darrel Williams (KC), Damien Williams (KC), James Conner (PIT), Matt Breida (SF), Jordan Howard (PHL)
- Alexander Mattison, Vikings v. Lions … if Dalvin Cook’s injury keeps him out, the Boise State rookie might be your 2019 league winner. At a minimum he’ll be helpful in week 14 against Detroit who's giving up 26+ fantasy points per game to RBs
- Raheem Mostert, 49ers @ Saints … with Matt Brida out Mostert showed his speed from his track days at Purdue. He earned his share of carries and more in week 14
- Derrius Guice, Redskins @ Packers … sure he’ll lose some carries to Adrian Peterson but this former LSU Tiger is the real #1 in Washington’s backfield
- Darwin Thompson, Chiefs @ Patriots … with injuries nicking up the other KC RBs, Darwin is a boom-bust play. But at Utah State he proved he didn’t many touches to make a difference
Wide Receivers… Riding the hot hands
Key injuries to watch: T.Y. Hilton (IND), A.J. Green (CIN), Alshon Jeffery (PHI), Golden Tate (NYG), Adam Thielen (MN), JuJu Smith-Schuster (PIT), Julio Jones (ATL)
- Russell Gage, Falcons v. Panthers … If Julio Jones sits then Gage is an interesting play after hauling in 13 catches and 128 yards over there last two games
- Anthony Miller, Bears v. Cowboys … the candidate for failed breakout of the year (yes, those are sour grapes) has totalled 271 years on 33 targets over the last 3 weeks
- Darius Slayton, Giants @ Eagles … Slayton should add to his 232 yards and 20 catches over the last 3 games against a Philadelphia secondary that has allowed over a TD a game and 14.4 yards per catch to WRs. But pay attention to Golden Tate’s status
- James Washington, Steelers @ Cardinals … Washington has snared a TD and gained at least 90 yards in 3 of Pittsburgh's last 4 games
- Allen Lazard, Packers v. Redskins … another boom-bust play but the smooth route runner should be open deep at some point during the game
Tight Ends… Injuries present opportunities in plus match ups
Key injuries to watch: Evan Engram (NYG), Gerald Everett (LAR), Delanie Walker (TEN), Eric Ebron (IND), Greg Olsen (CAR)
- Tyler Higbee, Rams v. Seahawks … Definitely in play if Gerald Everett is out for a second week in a row
- Vance McDonald, Steelers @ Cardinals … Arizona has allowed 77 catches 953 yards and 13 touchdowns to TEs in 2019
- Jonnu Smith, Titans @ Raiders … Oakland gives up touchdowns and big-ish plays regularly to TEs and Tannehill has been averaging 2 TD throws a week since he became the starter
- Mike Gesicki, Dolphins @ Jets ... Tough match-up but Gesicki is a target monster with 6 straight games with 6 targets
- Packers v. Redskins
- Houston v. Broncos
- Colts @ Buccaneers
- Dallas @ Bears
- Dan Bailey, Vikings v. Lions
- Jake Elliott, Eagles v. Giants
Questions, comments, suggestions, and other feedback on this piece are always welcome. Follow me on twitter @b_muell for my mildly depressing Redskins and O’s takes, occasionally delusionally Caps and Terps takes, plus memes.