ASL's Ben Muell takes a look at Week 12 plug-ins.
Teams on Bye: Arizona Cardinals, Kansas City Chiefs, Los Angeles Chargers, Minnesota Vikings
Injury concerns: T.Y. Hilton (IND), Marlon Mack (IND), Tyler Lockett (SEA), JuJu Smith-Schuster (PIT), Diontae Johnson (PIT), James Conner (PIT), Phillip Dorsett (NE), Robert Woods (LAR), Auden Tate (CIN), Matt Breida (SF)
- Jeff Driskel, Lions @ Redskins … Driskel offers a little bit of rushing upside while facing a secondary that is allowing a league high 71.7% completion percentage and will be out-matched against the likes of Kenny Golladay and Marvin Jones Jr.
- Jacoby Brissett, Colts @ Texans … Brissett looked sharp in his return from injury and faces off against a Houston defense that allows over 289 yards passing and 2.2 touchdowns per game
- Sam Darnold, Jets v. Raiders … Darnold’s play has improved since seeing ghosts on Monday Night Football. And for the second week in a row he sees a positive match up as Oakland visits the Meadowlands with the possibility that he’ll be throwing to keep New York in the game
- Jonathan Williams, Colts @ Texans … activated due to Jordan Wilkins’ bum ankle then thrust into the starting role after Marlon Mack’s wrist injury. Williams should at minimum see a share of the workload if Wilkins returns. Nyheim Hines is also in play in PPR leagues
- Kalen Ballage, Dolphins @ Browns … if Ryan Fitzpatrick can give Miami a lead, Ballage might see a whole bunch of carries in the second half against a Cleveland run D that is allowing 97 yards a game
- Derrius Guice, Redskins v. Lions … returned from injury as the backup running back but showed some flash with a 45 yard catch and run for a touchdown - possibly earning more carries against a very poor Detroit defense
- Deebo Samual, 49ers v. Packers … with back to back 100 yard games Samual has - and Green Bay is allowing - a league high 16.7 yards per catch
- Taylor Gabriel, Bears v. Giants … Gabriel saw 14 targets in week 11 and draw favorable coverage against a New York secondary that struggles all season long and will be focused on Allen Robinson
- Randel Cobb, Cowboys @ Patriots … you might be chasing points but two straight games with 100 yards and a score is tough to ignore
- Jacob Hollister, Seahawks @ Eagles … Philadelphia has been excellent against TEs all season, allowing only two TEs to score double digits but Hollister has seen 6 targets a game over the past 4 weeks while scoring three times
- Ryan Griffin, Jets v. Raiders … Griffin is a risky play but he’s caught all but 3 of his targets this season and Oakland has allowed 7 touchdowns to TE's this season
- Dallas Goedert, Eagles v. Seahawks … uber athletic TE's have given Seattle trouble this season and Goedert has as good a shot as any other Eagle to catch a TD
- Falcons Buccaneers … 4th in fantasy points over the last 4 weeks Atlanta faces Jameis Winston who is usually good for a pick and a fumble
- Titans Jaguars … Nick Foles will look to improve against the stingy Tennessee D which is allowing under 20 points per game this season
- Lions @ Redskins … Washington had gone 16 straight quarters without scoring a touchdown until the 4th quarter last week
- Younghoe Koo, Falcons v. Buccaneers … Koo is 7 for 8 on field goal attempts since taking over in Atlanta
- Jake Elliott, Eagles v. Seahawks … Seattle has been playing a “bend don’t break” style of defense all year long
- Chase McLaughlin, 49ers v. Packers … McLaughlin will have another opportunity on primetime Sunday night
Questions, comments, suggestions, and other feedback on this piece are always welcome. Follow me on twitter @b_muell for my mildly depressing Redskins and O’s takes, occasionally delusionally Caps and Terps takes, plus memes.