ASL's Ben Muell provides guidance for Week 9 fill-ins.
- Gardner Minshew II, Jaguars @ Texans … Houston has been tagged for at least 3 touchdowns each of the past 4 weeks and J.J. Watt is done for the season
- Derek Carr, Raiders v. Lions … Carr has yet to eclipse 300 yards passing in a game this year but Detroit is giving up a league leading 302 yards per game
- Ryan Tannehill, Titans @ Panthers … He’s thrown for 500 yards in two starts and while he draws a tough matchup against Carolina its slim pickin’s. Sam Darnold (Jets @ Dolphins) has a bum hand and there is potential for bad weather in Miami.
- Mark Walton, Dolphins v Jets … With Kenyon Drake now in Arizona its Walton’s job to lose and the Jets have allowed 7 backs to reach double figures
- Danny Amendola, Lions @ Raiders … 19 targets the last two weeks
- Cole Beasely, Bills v. Redskins … Averaging 7 targets a game and has scored in each of the last two weeks
- Hunter Renfrow, Raiders v. Detroit … If you are expecting a big day out of Derek Carr then Renfrow should be in for some solid targets after catching his first career TD
- Dallas Goedert, Eagles v. Bears … scored in consecutive weeks and has seen 17 targets in the last 3 games
- Jonnu Smith, Titans @ Carolina .. If Delanie Walker is out again then Smith should continue to be a go-to target for Ryan Tannehill
- Jack Doyle, Colts @ Steelers … Pittsburgh is top-ten in catches, yards, and targets allowed to Tight Ends this year. Doyle or Eric Ebron both should have plenty of opportunities
- Eagles Bears
- Jets @ Dolphins
- Cowboys @ Giants
- Brett Maher, Cowboys @ Giants
- Matt Gay, Buccaneers @ Seahawks
Questions, comments, suggestions, and other feedback on this piece are always welcome. Follow me on twitter @b_muell for takes my mildly depressing Skins, Caps, Terps, and O's as well as funny memes.