ASL's Ben Muell takes a look at byes and injuries and how to deal with them.
Teams on Bye: Green Bay Packers, New York Giants, Seattle Seahawks, Tennessee Titans
Notable Injuries to Watch:
Devonta Freeman (ATL), Austin Hooper (ATL), Matt Stafford (Lions), Ty Johnson (Lions), George Kittle (49ers), AJ Green (Bengals), Jacoby Brissett (Colts), TY Hilton (Colts), Adam Thielen (Vikings)
- Derek Carr, Raiders v. Bengals … After an underwhelming matchup against the Chargers, Carr faces a Bengals D that has allowed 21 fantasy points in each of the last 5 games
- Kyle Allen, Panthers v. Falcons … Allen has been somewhat shaky over the last 3 weeks throwing 5 interceptions but could be in the middle of two division shootouts this week against Atlanta and next week in New Orleans
- Nick Foles, Jaguars @ Colts … after returning from his broken clavicle Foles will start for Jacksonville in a must win matchup for both teams
- Brian Hill, Falcons @ Panthers … The 3rd year player was trusted with 20 carries and snagged a touchdown catch after Freeman exited the game last week with an injury. Carolina has also allowed a league high 14 rushing touchdowns this season
- J.D. McKissic, Lions v. Cowboys … McKissic has averaged 11.5 touches a game over the last two weeks and should see more with TY Johnson entering the concussion protocol. Best of all McKissic faces a Dallas defense that has trouble covering RBs allowing 6.44 catches (4th worst in the NFL) and 51.3 yards (4th worst in the NFL) per game
- Chris Thompson, Redskins v. Jets … If Healthy, Thompson’s versatility could be valuable on 3rd downs against a Jets D that allows 6.56 catch (3rd worst in the NFL) and 50 yards (5th worst in the NFL) per game to RBs
- Russell Gage, Falcons @ Panthers … Gage offers some PPR upside after seeing 14 targets since Mohamed Sanu was traded and facing a Carolina defense that has allowed a league high 15.77 catches per game to WRs
- Kenny Stills, Texans @ Ravens … If Will Fuller is still sidelined with a bad hammy, then Still might be worth a look against Baltimore, who on the season has allowed the 6th most catches (13.88) and yards (183.8) per game to WRs. Though they have been much improved since the addition of CB Marcus Peters, Still should draw a favorable matchup with DeAndre Hopkins getting most of the attention
- Alex Erickson / Auden Tate, Bengals @ Raiders … Ryan Finley and his receiving corp get a chance to “totally” redeem themselves in week 11 against an Oakland secondary that has allowed thirteen 10+ fantasy point receivers in 1⁄2 point PPR leagues this season
- Nick Boyle, Ravens v. Texans … Houston has limited TEs to only 6.58 fantasy points per game but Lamar Jackson has been targeting his TE's 51% of the time over the last 5 weeks and Boyle has catch all 9 of his targets during the last 2 games
- TJ Hockenson, Lions v. Cowboys… pending Stafford’s availability, Hockenson is in line for this 3rd straight plus matchup against Dallas and he’s “due” for a touchdown
- Tyler Eifert, Bengals @ Raiders … The list of TEs Oakland has stopped this season is much shorter than the ones they haven’t as they have allowed 10.91 fantasy points per game to the position in 2019
- Raiders @ Bengals … This is a two for one steamer with the Raiders taking on the Jets in week 12
- Redskins @ Jets … the Jets have allowed fantasy defense to score at least 10 points in six of 9 matchups this season
- Jets @ Redskins … Washington’s anemic offense has scored only 18 points in the last 3 weeks
**Yes, I’ve recommended 2.5 Bengals and their opposing defense meaning both sides of a matchup but numbers don’t lie.
- Younghoe Koo, Falcons @ Panthers … this game is a potential shootout with a 54 o/u
- Sam Ficken, Jets @ Redskins … Has hit a 50 yard field goal during each of the last two weeks
- Ka'imi Fairbairn, Texans @ Ravens … Another potential shootout with a 49 o/u
Questions, comments, suggestions, and other feedback are always welcome. Follow me on Twitter @b_muell for my mildly depressing Redskins and O’s takes, occasionally delusionally Caps and Terps takes, plus memes.