Q) How Do I Get Better Recommendations For My Dynasty Draft?
A) We understand there is room to improve The Machine's recommendation specifically for dynasty leagues. We are committed to doing this. However, there are several reasons The Machine might make a recommendations that are not ideal for your dynasty league are:
- The Machine is designed to maximize your probability to win THIS season and does not currently try to project the impact of player performance over multiple years.
- In leagues where you keep many players from year to year, for a team that is already solid, The Machine is seeing the first round of the dynasty draft as if it is a very deep draft pick. For example, if you keep 20 players, The Machine sees your first round of the draft as the 21st pick of a normal draft. Then if you have no kicker or only one kicker, The Machine could recommend a kicker because adding a kicker to your roster gives you the highest probability of winning this season.
We understand this is not how you view your dynasty draft. Here are some ways you can get better results for your dynasty draft:
- Set position limits on the League Setup > Roster Management page so that The Machine does not recommend positions you are not interested in drafting.
- Lower the scoring rules of positions you want to de-emphasize to make them less important or irrelevant (all 0's) on the League Setup > Offensive Player Scoring Rules page.
- Use the position value meter to find the positions The Machine indicates are most important and then go to the Player Projections page to find the best free agents for those positions you want to fill.
- If you make changes to the position limits and scoring rules for your draft, please remember to go back to League Setup and Reset to default settings after your draft.